Retro Pi

So one of the many things keeping me so busy these days is a large portion of people who really liked the RetroPie custom build I’ve made.  So I figured I would explain what all was done.

first bought a bunch of RaspberryPi 3s.  and various controllers as requested per user, then I took RetroPie flashed it to a card.  developed a remote admin and update tool.  once I had all that working it was as simple as printing the custom cases they wanted and hooking it all up.  however I ran into a small issue.  It seems the supplier I used for the Raspberry Pi’s used more than 1 source for the SD cards.  and some were 112MB smaller than the SanDisk I used.  why does this matter, well.  pulling an image from one, cannot be written to the other.  BUT thanks to some linux power and a little google, I figured out how to shrink the partition and truncate the image file.  then it was write the SD cards for them all.  from there just finish printing/assembling the 3D printed cases, get all my branding on, test and deploy.

The branding material was done up by my Friend at SignPros Design

all code built and 3D files will be uploaded on GIT once I get them cleaned up and usable.  There are a few photos below of the N64 build and the SNES controller for this project.  as things improve/progress I will ensure to share all with everyone.

PS:  just a note for those legally minded.  any ROMS, 3D models/etc were NOT part of the purchase from the buyers.  only material costs and time were charged.

a lot on my plate == no posts

Yes, I know i’ve neglected my blog for FAR too long again..  well no more.  I’ve made a schedule and I will stick to it.  new posts on many of the projects I’ve been working on to come.  every week there will be at LEAST one.

first coming up in a day or so will be about the FPGA CPU design i’m playing with.  this serves no REAL purpose other than to say look what *I* figured out.  and has already elicited assistance from a fellow blogger.  Alex from http://langster1980.blogspot.ca was a great help in sorting out my Component embedding whoas.

Then there’s the Coleco Video output fix, 2 AVR projects and a Microchip as well as countless 3D printing updates. so stay tuned!